Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Heart Beat When I Saw Yours

Dear Malcolm,

Your mom and I went to the doctors office this past Friday.  This is the doctor that your mom visits yearly and one your dad will never, ever.

That said, he seems to be a good guy and has yours and your mom's best interests at heart.  Speaking of hearts, I saw yours beat and I felt mine.  You are currently only about the size of an olive but your heartbeat is strong.  It looks like a flickering of light through the ultrasound which is strange because I can only imagine that it is fairly dark in there.  

Your mom has still not been feeling well these last few weeks and we are told that will likely continue for another month or so.  We are told that this is a good sign and that it means that you are growing and sucking life out of your mother.  Like I said, we are told this is good and I can only choose to believe the experts.  I'm feeling pretty good so far, thanks.  In any case, you are on your way and I suppose we will see you sometime in April (and hopefully not before).

We'll leave the light on for you.

Love,
Dad

  

No comments:

Post a Comment