Saturday, December 11, 2010

You Are A...

Dear Malcolm,

Well, it has been awhile since your dad has written you a letter, but that does not mean that I have not been thinking of you.  I am almost finished with my penultimate semester of seminary and things are looking good (presuming I can write a mildly decent Hebrew exegesis paper).  All said, this has been a busy semester and seems to have flown by faster than the rest.  Maybe that is because we are in eager anticipation of your arrival April 24th-ish.

We found out yesterday that you are indeed a Malcolm and not a Malcolmette.  Translation: You’re a Boy!!  If by the time you are able to read this you are finally figuring out that you are a boy then it has just been affirmed that I am a terrible father and obviously know even less about parenting than I thought.  You currently weigh about 14oz. and, according to the doctor, you are growing just fine.  Your organs are developing normally and we were able to see both of your hands and both of your feet yesterday.  Oh yeah, and we saw your face and I must admit that the biasness of thinking my son is the best looking boy on the planet has already begun.

So here is our reaction to the first time we saw your face.  We’ll see you again in April.

Love,
Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment